Thursday, May 15, 2008

Today I went into the salon at 10 o'clock. I was in classes until 3. After class, Mr. Riccio wanted all of the students to practice fading hair lines on manikins. This to me was fun because it is a modern day hairstyle and my mastering this technique, I will then be able to cut most of my friends hair.

After one hour on the manikins, I left the shop and started heading home. It was then when my friend Timmy called me and I was so excited about practicing fades that I asked him if he wanted a haircut. So I went to his house and cut his hair. One haircut took me about an hour and a half. This was frustrating but I am getting much better and am definitely seeing progress.

Later that night I went to Travis' house to cut his hair. Again, it took me a long time but it came out great. He was happy and surprised with how well I did. It is a great feeling when someone likes what you have done with their hair. Cutting my friends hair has without a doubt added fire to my desire to be a better barber.

1 comment:

Scott A. said...

Good work James! I think we'd all love to see some pictures of what you've been doing - is there any way you can post something to the blog? Perhaps a picture of Trav's hair after the recent cut. It would add a lot to your project.

Also, remember you need to turn in your time sheets today and your weekly reflection on Monday. Please get these in on time this week. Looking forward to seeing you in just over a week and seeing you cut someone's hair in front of everyone - maybe mine?