Tuesday, May 20, 2008

coloring

Today I was in the shop from 10-230. I started on a new manikin today. Before I began cutting the hair Mr. Riccio had me applying color. Last week I learned the foiling technique for coloring hair, this weeks method was a little bit different. 

This time I broke the hair into four sections, a part down the middle and then two on the side. I used the same technique for foiling hair except this time I didn't stick foils in between the hair to seperate each section. 

After you break the hair into 4 parts, you must pull small sections of hair through your fingers and a special coloring comb. For each section you must be sure to evenly apply the color so no streaks are seen. Tomorrow I'll begin cutting my manikin, I'll be doing each haircut a second time, I'm excited to see how i've improved

No comments: