Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Color application

Today I arrived at Hero's at 10 am I began the day by finishing up the men's classic cut which I learned last week. This time I used clippers and comb rather than the traditional scissors and comb technique. The clippers are harder to manage but the haircut go much quicker and the fade comes out real nice. 

When I completed my haircut, Dan Riccio showed me how to use foils and apply color. I wasn't too interested in this area because I'm looking to learn men's cuts. However after working with foils and color application I developed a new passion for cutting and styling longer hair. 

The way you foil is first you start in the middle, which means you must part the hair into three sections. Using a coloring comb grab a small section of the hair and stick the foil underneath. While the foils underneath you use a brush to apply the color to the hair which sticks to the foils. After you complete the foil you take away another section, this time not foiling it. You continue this everyother foiling routine throughout the middle section, eventually moving to each of the sides. The reason you don't foil every strand is to make the color seem more natural and less distinct.

I departed at 5 pm

No comments: